OptionsHouse is seeking a top-notch digital marketing professional to join its dynamic and growing online marketing team. The OptionsHouse Digital Marketing Manager will play a critical role on the marketing team, driving key elements of our new customer acquisition efforts. This person will be especially focused on growing our display advertising channel along with managing our affiliate channel. This role is a great opportunity for candidates looking to take on new responsibility and grow their digital marketing career at a rapidly-evolving online firm.
An ideal candidate for the role will be self-directed and entrepreneurial with a passion for cutting edge digital marketing strategies. In addition, well-suited individuals should be highly analytical and comfortable working in an iterative and fast-paced environment.
- Lead display advertising strategy development, with an emphasis on implementing tactics beyond traditional direct-response premium display advertising (real-time bidding, mobile, video pre-roll, etc.).
- Manage all planning and execution of display marketing programs, including campaign setup, monitoring, reporting, analysis, optimization, budget pacing and forecasting, publisher and placement research, competitive benchmarking, and communicating strategic insights.
- Take an active role in the development of a multi-channel attribution model to provide a more complete picture of the path to conversion
- Lead affiliate advertising strategy development with an emphasis on evaluating and developing new affiliate partnership opportunities
- Manage existing relationships with key affiliate partners to increase acquisitions and quality of these acquisitions
- Screen current and potential affiliates and partners for relevancy, content quality and compliance with terms of service and other guidelines
- Provide regular performance updates to business owners and serve as the owner of the display and affiliate channels in making recommendations, sharing best practices, and alerting to new trends and emerging opportunities
- Partner with business intelligence team to develop and evolve the marketing reporting dashboards and analyze individual campaign performance to derive actionable insights to improve click-through rates, conversion rates, and lifetime customer value
- Identify new and emerging online advertising technology and capabilities to improve program performance
- Continually search for new and creative ways of increasing response and conversion rates for display and affiliate media and drive continuous testing to optimize campaign performance
- Utilize third-party landing page software to optimize conversion rate and provide recommendations for the development of additional landing pages
- 5+ years of direct experience managing display advertising with a proven track record in developing and executing marketing campaigns; affiliate experience preferred but not required
- A demonstrated record of analytical rigor, creative problem solving, and execution with an eye towards acquisition and efficiency.
- In-depth understanding of key industry metrics and the ability to recognize how they might impact the business (CPM, CTR, Conversion Rate, CPA)
- Tech savvy and comfortable using display advertising tools (DoubleClick Bid Manager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, etc.)
- Previous experience acquiring traffic through DSPs (OpenX, Rubicon, etc.)
- Experience reporting on channel performance in a multi-channel attribution model strongly preferred
- Experience with major affiliate networks (Commission Junction, LinkShare, etc.) preferred
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, simultaneously, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fun, energetic and collaborative personality with self-starter approach to work
- Comfortable analyzing and interpreting performance data with high attention-to-detail
- Able to clearly communicate performance and provide recommendations
- Testing experience and an understanding of statistical significance
- A tenacious self-starter who must be capable of working independently, yet collaboratively
- Resourceful and not dependent on large corporate resources
- A can-do, professional approach to business and a desire to own accountability for results
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills preferred